Rebroadcast: Published July 17th, 2019
Original: Published February 7th, 2018
A lot of people want to start something, but most never actually do. Why? They simply don’t want it or need it enough, and find happiness in other ways.
But, some of us never get started for a handful of simple reasons.
- We don’t know what we want to do.
- We don’t know our own strengths.
- We doubt ourselves.
- We worry about what others think.
Fortunately, all of these obstacles can be overcome. In this episode, we discuss how to reframe your thinking to finally start acting towards your goals and dreams. We share our exact framework for getting out of the “funk” when you get to a point in your life when you’re constantly feeling unfulfilled.
We also give you specific examples of how we identified and improved on our respective strengths to gain the confidence to create.
Hear Sergei talk about how he got into acting, eventually landing a paid speaking role at an ABC pilot, and how Vadim became a lecturer at a University having never before taught in an academic setting.
The feeling of being stuck in your life can have a major impact on your overall happiness – follow these steps to quickly get out of that state of mind to continue to progress.
|Music by: www.purple-planet.com
- 4:57 First step of getting unstuck - resetting your thinking
- 6:30 Recognizing that you shouldn't feel guilt
- 8:20 You don't have to be the best at something to pursue it
- 8:44 How to become an expert
- 10:42 How Sergei became a movie actor
- 12:04 Overcoming the urge to give up
- 14:05 Do what you're good at
- 16:50 How Vadim became a university lecturer
- 17:50 How to get experience to grow a specific skill
- 19:50 Closing a deal
- 20:35 Practice makes perfect
- 22:30 Always make an attempt. Don't listen to the naysayers.
- 24:00 How Sergei got on a pilot for ABC
- 28:30 How anything you do can ultimately add value
- 29:00 Removing the feeling of being stuck